Why buy a fruit cage from us?
- Available in a variety of sizes, if the exact size that you require is not shown please contact us for a quote.
- Can be easily extended in the future.
- Compare our prices and you will see that we offer the highest quality at the keenest prices.
- Made to last.
- Supplied with a generous quantity of cable ties, ground pegs and S-hooks.
- An allowance is added to all our netting so that your cage will be properly covered.
- All netting is rot proof, long lasting and UV stabilised.
- Walk in fruit cages have a sturdy 1 metre wide door for easy wheelbarrow access.
- Easy to follow assembly instructions are provided with every order.
- The only tools you will require are a stepladder (for walk in cages only), a mallet (for aluminium cages), a screwdriver and a pair of sharp scissors.
- Rapid delivery (average 5-7 working days from date of order).
- No hidden extras - prices include VAT and UK mainland carriage.
What are the main differences between the aluminium and the steel cages?
- Steel cages are powder coated green while the aluminium are self coloured (silver).
- Our powder coated finish is extremely robust and durable, but will require touching up should it become damaged over the years.
- Aluminium cages generally require less ongoing maintenance.
- Aluminium is lighter than steel, but is still strong enough to provide a robust framework.
- The aluminium uprights come with a 360mm deep galvanised steel ground socket while the bottom 360mm of the steel uprights push straight into the ground. Both are 2m above the ground, giving adequate height inside the cages for most people.
- The netting and fittings for both types of cage are identical.
How easy are your cages to assemble?
- All our cages come with full instructions and a useful plan diagram. It is generally easier to assemble a fruit cage with 2 people. Of course if you have any difficulties or need extra help or advice we are available on the telephone or via email during normal working hours (Monday to Friday).
Do you offer larger fruit cages than those shown in your price matrix?
- Yes, because our cages are modular we can quote cages up to any size; please contact us for a quotation
Are your cages suitable for use on uneven or sloping ground?
- Our mushroom cap jointing system provides the flexibility required when cages need to be installed on this sort of surface. Unlike fixed plastic joints, our bolt and cap design is adjustable so that the top rails can follow the profile of the ground.
We require an irregular shaped fruit cage, can you offer this?
- Yes we can quote bespoke cages, please contact us for a special quotation. It would be useful to have a rough diagram either posted or emailed across to speed up the quotation process!
Are your cages suitable for other applications?
- We have supplied cages for use as pet runs, poultry enclosures and even aviaries (where the birds are kept inside rather than outside!) If you have an alternative use for one of our cages please feel free to contact us.
Can you deliver outside of the UK?
- Yes, we offer competitive transport rates to all worldwide destinations. Please contact us for a quotation.
Do I need to be in when the cage is delivered?
- We use a national carrier to deliver our cages to UK mainland addresses.
- We can contact you on the day that the cage is despatched so that you know which day it will be delivered.
- We can also request that a cage is left in a secure place if this is appropriate.
If you have any special requirements these can be entered online at the time of ordering, or give us a call and we will do our best to help.
Our friendly and helpful team are always happy to assist you. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us