With a robust steel powder coated frame and classic jointing system, our steel walk-in cages are the easy way to keep your crops safe. Order yours today!
Click here for fitting instructions
William James' classic steel cages are strong, sturdy and very simple to put up - in fact, the only tools that you will require are a stepladder, a screwdriver and a pair of sharp scissors! A second pair of hands may also prove useful. The tried and tested design provides a stable framework to protect your valuable plants.
These cages are supplied with high quality 20mm OD steel uprights 2.36m high overall (2m above ground). They are spiked at the bottom to allow them to be easily pushed into the soil and the steel earth plates both aid this process and provide extra stability when the cage is in place.
With top rails manufactured from the same high quality material, all the steelwork is powder coated green for an attractive, hard wearing finish. Our mushroom cap jointing system makes the cages extremely easy to install - even on sloping or uneven ground.
The 2m high cage includes a 1m wide door as standard, giving easy wheelbarrow access. Extra doors can also be ordered if required and the door position can be specified. Separate side and roof netting and all necessary fixtures and fittings complete the package.
The side net is a rigid black extruded 18mm square mesh which attaches neatly to the frame with releasable cable ties. Ground pegs secure the side net at ground level to give a smart and tidy finish.
For the top net we use strong black Knotless Polypropylene netting with a 20mm square mesh. It is tailored to the size of your cage with ample overhang to attach to the side netting using the S-hooks supplied.
- Extra heavy duty 20mm OD x 1.6mm thick steel uprights and top rails - traditional powder coated green paint finish.
- Steel L shaped upright ground plates - aid installation and provide additional stability.
- One 1m wide door that opens both ways with door catch - additional doors are available upon request.
- Mushroom caps with bolts to connect uprights and top rails - stronger and more versatile than plastic connectors most competitors supply and they allow the top netting to slide easily across the top of the cage.
- Plastic S-hooks - make removing/replacing the roof net straightforward.
- Heavy duty cable ties - releasable and reusable to allow for easy removal of the side netting.
- Galvanised steel ground pegs - secures netting neatly to the ground leaving no gaps for pests to go under.
- 20mm Knotless Polypropylene roof netting - supplied 0.5m bigger than your cage to allow for a 0.25m overhang all around. Strong, long lasting and UV stabilised.
- 18mm extruded polythene side netting - Supplied on a 2m high roll for quick and easy installation. Strong, long lasting and UV stabilised.