With a robust steel powder coated frame and classic jointing system, our steel low cages are the easy way to keep your crops safe from small birds and butterflies. Order yours today!
William James' classic steel low cages are strong, sturdy and very simple to put up - in fact, the only tools that you will require are a pair of sharp scissors! The tried and tested design provides a stable framework to protect your valuable plants.
These cages are supplied with high quality 20mm OD steel uprights 1.56m high overall (1.2m above ground). They are spiked at the bottom to allow them to be easily pushed into the soil and the steel earth plates both aid this process and provide extra stability when the cage is in place.
With top rails manufactured from the same high quality material, all the steelwork is powder coated green for an attractive, hard wearing finish. Our mushroom cap jointing system makes the cages extremely easy to install - even on rough or uneven ground.
Separate side and roof netting and all necessary fixtures and fittings complete the package. Both the side and roof net are a rigid black extruded 7mm square mesh which attaches neatly to the frame with releasable cable ties (please note that the netting may require cutting). Ground pegs secure the side net at ground level to give a smart and tidy finish.
- Extra heavy duty 20mm OD x 1.6mm thick steel uprights and top rails - traditional powder coated green paint finish.
- Steel L shaped upright ground plates - aid installation and provide additional stability.
- Mushroom caps with bolts to connect uprights and top rails - stronger and more versatile than plastic connectors most competitors supply.
- Heavy duty cable ties - releasable and reusable to allow for easy removal of the side netting.
- Galvanised steel ground pegs - secures netting neatly to the ground leaving no gaps for pests to go under.
- 7mm extruded polythene roof and side netting - all our netting is supplied with an extra allowance to ensure that your cage is fully covered. Strong, long lasting and UV stabilised.