All our heavy duty polytunnels are manufactured in the UK using the highest quality materials.
Our UK manufacturer has over 30 years experience with their Polytunnels being supplied to various high profile locations including Warwickshire College of Agriculture and Center Parcs.
Due to high demand in 2012 we are pleased to offer an increased range of polytunnel sizes for the 2013 season!
William James Polytunnels are strong, versatile and very simple to put up. The tried and tested design provides a stable framework to protect your valuable crops and extend the growing season.
Our heavy duty Polytunnels are supplied with high quality galvanised steel framework (25mm OD for Standard and 32mm OD for High Top models) for long life, complete with ground sockets, CITEX joining clamps, corner stays and crop bars to provide extra stability.
The tunnels include two hinged wooden door kits so a door can be installed at both ends. The door kit comprises 2" x 2" timber lengths and battens to be cut to final size on site. Hinges and fixings for assembly are included.
Sunmaster Diffused polythene is used to cover the Polytunnel which is ideal for vegetable, flower and soft fruit growing. It uses the latest thermal heat barrier which we call TCF (temperature control film). Not only does it diffuse the sunlight which minimises scorching, it also allows sunlight to penetrate the plant’s lower leaves inside the Polytunnel to photosynthesize ensuring healthy plant growth. This premium polythene cover comes complete with a 5 year UV guarantee for that added reassurance that you are buying a quality tunnel.
To complete the package anti hot spot tape is provided to insulate the steel framework from direct contact with the polythene cover. This prevents heat damage caused by sunny weather heating the framework up. Also the tape’s slippery surface deters abrasion between the polythene and steel framework caused by wind.
Brief installation guide:
- Ground sockets are hammered into position.
- Half-hoops stand in the ground tubes and connect at the ridge with CITEX joining clamps.
- Ridge poles fix into CITEX clamps to connect the bays.
- Corner stays and wooden door frame are fixed into position.
- Polytunnel framework is covered with Sunmaster Diffused polythene which is battened to the door frames and buried in a shallow trench. The alternative method to trenching the polythene is to batten it to a Timber Base Rail Kit (base rail kit is sold separately).
- The Sunmaster Diffused polythene cover can be tensioned by a simple adjustment at the base of the hoops.
- Attach doors to frame.